To describe the process of doing something, or preparing or producing a thing, one must give a description of the steps one takes one after the other until the desired result is obtained.
Process Writing Tips
- For writing a process, the description might come across as impersonal, and the passive voice is best suited for this.
- For writing a process, a series of imperative sentences can also be used.
Process Writing Examples
Process Writing Example #1
Study the following points and describe how butter is prepared.
- Obtain Fresh milk from cows.
- Separated cream from milk by churning.
- Soured and then pasteurized.
- Churn the cream again until it turns into butter.
- Give butter a smooth texture and uniform taste and colour.
- Packed and sent to the market.
Preparation of Butter
First, fresh milk is obtained from cows. The cream is then separated from the milk by churning. The cream is allowed to sour before being pasteurized to ensure safety. After that, the cream is churned again until it turns into butter. To give the butter a smooth texture and uniform flavour and colour, it is pounded or worked until all the liquid is removed. Finally, the butter is packed and sent to the market.
Process Writing Example #2
Study the following points and describe The process of soap-making.
- Combine coconut oil, caustic soda and water.
- Heat the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Add common salt to the mixture.
- Keep the mixture for 12 hours.
- Cut the mixture into cake-like pieces.
- The product is ready for use.
Preparation of Soap
Copyright Notice:📚 Teachers and students are granted permission to use, reproduce, and distribute this content solely for educational and non-commercial purposes. 🚫 Unauthorized copying, distribution, or reproduction for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Any infringement may result in legal action.
Daily Reading Comprehension Test - Attempt Now
To prepare the soap, coconut oil and caustic soda are mixed with water and heated for thirty minutes. The heated solution is then allowed to cool, after which common salt is added and the mixture is left for twelve hours. This allows the soap to harden. Once hardened, the soap is cut into cake-like pieces and ready for use.
Process Writing Example #3
Use the following points and describe the Preparation of Mustard Oil.
- Collect the seeds.
- Dry the seeds.
- Grind the seeds.
- Add little water to the powdered seeds.
- Extract the oil from the mixture.
- Separate the oil.
- Put oil in the pot.
- Seal the container.
- Ready for use and sale.
Preparation of Mustard Oil
To prepare mustard oil, mustard seeds are collected, dried and ground in a machine. A little water is added to the powdered seeds and then the oil is extracted from the mixture. The resulting oil is separated from the resulting cake (solid residue), kept in containers and sealed. Mustard oil is now ready for use and sale.
More Process Writing Coming Soon………………………