- Click “Start Reading” to start the timer.
- Maintain a steady pace and focus on comprehension.
- Click “Stop” to stop or end the test.
- Click “Restart” to start the test again.
- Click “Show Results” to see your performance immediately.
- Review the number of words read, reading time and reading speed in the results.
- Reflect on your reading skills and compare your performance to the general level.
- Retest if desired.
Poem: “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves, no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Compare Your Reading Speed Test
|Performance Level||Reading Speed|
|Average Reader||200 – 300 WPM|
|Good Reader||300 – 500 WPM|
|Excellent Reader||500+ WPM|