- Click “Start Reading” to start the timer.
- Maintain a steady pace and focus on comprehension.
- Click “Stop” to stop or end the test.
- Click “Restart” to start the test again.
- Click “Show Results” to see your performance immediately.
- Review the number of words read, reading time and reading speed in the results.
- Reflect on your reading skills and compare your performance to the general level.
- Retest if desired.
My teenybopper has a phone;
She really never is alone.
It beeps and jitters day and night,
Emitting tiny bluish light.
Her ringtone is the latest rage,
As other preteens text and page.
One-liner messages appear
That makes her grin from ear to ear.
The latest crisis, who likes whom,
The rock star with the best perfume;
Such weighty matters cause her thrill
And elevate our monthly bill.
And yet, the silver lining glows,
For we have never come to blows.
I never have to raise my voice,
Because I have a high-tech choice.
If school assignments pile sky-high,
I exhale with a weighty sigh.
Like every modern mom who cares,
I simply telephone upstairs.
When chores demand her energies,
I simply text her, asking ―Please!
No alibis or missing words,
Because it‘s clear that she has heard.
And if my daughter goes outside
To visit friends, both far and wide,
Her curfew‘s easy to enforce
With her new cellular resource.
This beeping tether holds her close,
While helping her feel grandiose.
If separation e‘er occurs,
My speed-dial links my heart to hers.
Our handy cell phones help us out.
Convenient, easy, with no doubt.
Yes, certainly, they have their place.
But can‘t we talk once, face to face?
Compare Your Reading Speed Test
|Performance Level||Reading Speed|
|Average Reader||200 – 300 WPM|
|Good Reader||300 – 500 WPM|
|Excellent Reader||500+ WPM|