- Click “Start Reading” to start the timer.
- Maintain a steady pace and focus on comprehension.
- Click “Stop” to stop or end the test.
- Click “Restart” to start the test again.
- Click “Show Results” to see your performance immediately.
- Review the number of words read, reading time and reading speed in the results.
- Reflect on your reading skills and compare your performance to the general level.
- Retest if desired.
Once there was an old man. His eyes were useless to see and his ears were useless to hear and his knees trembled. Often spilt food on the tablecloth and sometimes threw down his clothes which annoyed his son and daughter-in-law. They gave him his food in an earthen dish. It made him very sad. His eyes watered. One day the dish fell on the ground and broke into pieces. The young daughter-in-law scolded him.
But he didn’t answer and just signed. Then they bought him a wooden plate with a few paise. He must eat from it now. One day his little grandson was fitting some pieces of wood together. The old man asked, “What are you doing?” “I’m making it to feed Mom and Dad when I grow up”. His parents were ashamed of their behavior after hearing this. Then they treated the old man well.
Compare Your Reading Speed Test
|200 – 300 WPM
|300 – 500 WPM