- Click “Start Reading” to start the timer.
- Maintain a steady pace and focus on comprehension.
- Click “Stop” to stop or end the test.
- Click “Restart” to start the test again.
- Click “Show Results” to see your performance immediately.
- Review the number of words read, reading time and reading speed in the results.
- Reflect on your reading skills and compare your performance to the general level.
- Retest if desired.
Hamlet, the prince of Denmark, was once the happiest young man in the land, but big trouble came into his life. His father suddenly dies mysteriously so Hamlet becomes very sad and upset. Hamlet was told that the old king, who was wise and good, was bitten by a snake one afternoon while sleeping in the garden. Soon after her death Claudius, the dead king’s brother and Hamlet’s uncle married the queen and was now king. Hamlet did not like his mother remarrying so soon and the more he thought about the relationship, the sadder he became.
Compare Your Reading Speed Test
|200 – 300 WPM
|300 – 500 WPM