A speech is a spoken discourse or an expression of thoughts delivered in front of an audience by the speaker.
A speech can perform one or more of the following functions:
Daily Test - Attempt Now
- To convince the audience
- To provoke the audience to take an action
- To inspire the audience
- To inform the audience
Gandhi Jayanti Speech in English 10 lines
Respected Principal, teachers, and dear friends,
Today I am going to speak about Gandhi Jayanti.
- Gandhi Jayanti is one of the most famous and light-hearted occasions celebrated by billions of people.
- Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated on the 2nd of October every year in India.
- It is celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm throughout India for the birth of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Gandhi Jayanti is officially one of the national holidays in India.
- On 15 June 2007, it was declared the International Day of Non-Violence by the United Nations General Assembly.
- We celebrate Gandhi Jayanti to remember Mahatma Gandhi and his great deeds.
- Students and teachers of schools and colleges, and government officials celebrate Gandhi Jayanti in various creative ways.
- In New Delhi, Raj Ghat is the cineration place of Gandhi decorated with flowers and garlands.
- Statues of Mahatma Gandhi are also decorated with flowers and garlands all over India.
- Students perform various tasks on Gandhi Jayanti such as poem or speech recitation, essay writing, drama play, slogan writing, etc on the basis of the life and great works of Mahatma Gandhi.
With this, I conclude my speech. Thank you all for your patience and cooperation.
FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
Where was Gandhiji born?
Mahatma Gandhi was born at Porbandar in the Kathiawar district of Gujarat in 1869.
Where did Mahatma Gandhi practice law?
Mahatma Gandhi practized law in South Africa, from 1893 to 1914.
What is the concept of Satyagraha?
Satyagraha of Mahatma Gandhi was based on truth and peacefulness. Mahatma Gandhi’s principle of non-violence was set down on the rule that no injury ought to be caused either by words or by activity. Gandhi believed that peacefulness is a positive and dynamic power.
When did Gandhi die and how?
On 30 January 1948, Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by Nathuram Vinayak Godse while walking to his prayer meeting on the lawn of the Birla House compound in Delhi.