Mahatma Gandhi’s principle of non-violence was set down on the rule that no injury ought to be caused either by words or by activity.
Gandhi believed that peacefulness is a positive and dynamic power. He focused on the use of the charkha and khadi.
Daily Test - Attempt Now
5 Lines About Mahatma Gandhi
- Mahatma Gandhi was born at Porbandar in the Kathiawar district of Gujarat in 1869.
- In South Africa, Gandhi saw racial discrimination and soon turned into the leader of a struggle against racist authorities in the country.
- Mahatma Gandhi got back to India in January 1915 and made a broad visit through the country in the following three years.
- In 1917 and 1918, Gandhi was engaged in three critical struggles in Champaran (Bihar), Ahmedabad and Kheda in Gujarat.
- On 30 January 1948, Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated by Nathuram Vinayak Godse while walking to his prayer meeting on the lawn of the Birla House compound in Delhi.